Wednesday, March 21, 2012

365 Cards [[Day 14]]

Hello Bloggers/Card makers/friends!

I'm here with another challenge entry for the 365 Cards blog.

Today's challenge is Day 14- So Sporty

This challenge was way out of my 'league'...lol. (of course, the pun was intended) So much so, that I had to call  on my Godson for inspiration. He lives and breathes basketball, so the sport to highlight was a no-brainer. Once I found out his favorite team (The N.Y. Knicks...our hometown team) that gave me my color scheme and so it began...


^^^THIS^^^




Inspired this...


I found the basketball image in a Google search and resized it in my word processing program. Then, I traced it (using a window as a light box), onto the orange card stock. Once all the pieces were cut out, I sponged their edges and adhered them to a black piece of card stock of the same size, making sure to leave the spaces for the lines of the ball. I cut random sized strips of black, blue, and orange card stock to make the 'rays' and popped the ball up on foam adhesive.

Hope you enjoyed!
Please comment and tell me what you think...have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment