Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inspired twice in one day...what a treat!

Hello Blogger Friends (again)!

Two posts in one day?!? What kind of craziness is this? Must be a full moon or something...

Anyhow, I'm so excited to share this card I just might EXPLODE!

But wait...what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't build a little suspense?
(A bad blogger, that's what kind)


So...
on with the suspense.

This card is an entry for 3 challenges:



&


&

The Play Date Cafe: #155


Are you holding your breath?
(Not really huh?)
If you were, go ahead, exhale...and feast your eyes on this!



Ok, I know. I might be tooting my horn a tad bit too loudly, but I really LOVE this card!



This card started out as a sad little kraft card with the lattice panel inserted.
 I had no idea where to go from there until I saw the card from the CASE Study. Since I was already in the same ballpark as far as the layout and color scheme, I kept going with that. 

I stamped the plain kraft with the wood grain background. The combination of the lattice and the woodgrain reminded me of a garden fence, so the florals seemed to be the right way to go. I adhered the elements with glossy accents and a boo-boo on the inside (glue oozed through the lattice) inspired me to add tiny drops of 'dew' to some of the leaves and flower petals.

It's all in the details

There are too many challenge inspired details to explain so here's a quick break-down:

Jay Gee's Nook Challenge: (lattice, flowers, gemstones, ombre coloring, woodgrain & metallic sentiment)

CASE Study Challenge: (layout, color scheme, floral elements, textured kraft, & 'Hello' sentiment)

I really hope you enjoyed your visit...

Please take a moment to comment & join my 'bloggerhood'
I'd really appreciate it :o)

10 comments:

  1. wowser! this card is definitely a stunner Simaryon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those dew drops!
    Thanks for studying along with us this week on CASE Study! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely... I just adore the little dew drops, they look fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - this is gorgeous! I love the ombre effect on the lattice, the flower arrangement, the woodgrain background and the dew drops ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous is right! Love what you've done! Thanks for the inspiration as I have that same die and haven't used it in awhile! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that lattice and the fading blues and teals! the card is fab, and not a sad little kraft card at all! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. The little dew drops really make it special. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very eye catchig...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. These are my favorite colors. I am your new follower.
    Hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, you knocked the ball out of the park with this stunning card! Way to rock the challenges! Talking of which thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete